Share This Article:
Upholstery Buyer's Guide
What do you want from the furniture you buy? Durability, functionality, and style?
These are the things that are important in giving your home the look you desire. ATG Stores offers upholstery in leather, bonded leather, microfiber and many other materials. Choose from our wide variety of materials to give your home, character and charm!
- • Leather: is a durable and flexible material created by the tanning animal hide and skin, primarily cattle hide. Leather is a very subtle, long lasting material, however, there are many forms of leather and leather matches.
- • Bonded Leather/Leathermatch: This is upholstery that is made with varying degrees of actual leather. The actual leather is intertwined with other fabric and materials, which gives close resemblances to real leather.
- • Microfiber: In general terms, microfiber is a synthetic fiber with strands smaller than silk and is commonly blends of polyester or nylon, although there are other potential parent materials.
- • Fabric: is a flexible artificial material made up of a network of natural or artificial fibers formed by weaving, knitting, or pressed into felt. This upholstery generally has more of a texture than other upholsteries but is not as durable.
- • Faux Leather: Faux leather is essentially fake leather. Instead of being made of animal skins, these fabrics are made of other materials and may receive numerous treatments so that they replicate the look of leather and some of its common attributes. There are many names under which faux leather may be sold, and these include leatherette, pleather, and naugahyde.
- • Other: There are many other types of less common types of upholstery that ATG Stores offers.
What kind of use will this furniture get?
Are you a dog or cat person? Can you expect a load of teenagers in your house after school? Knowing how your furniture is going to be use and what messes you may or may not have to clean up is very important when choosing an upholstered piece of furniture for your home. You want your furniture to last and look good for a long time, which makes picking the right upholstery very important.
- • Leather: Leather is very durable, long lasting and easy to clean. However, it may take a little more effort to maintain and clean.
- • Bonded Leather: Bonded leather is highly durable and comes in many colors and finishes; however, it also is less expensive, supple and long-lasting as real leather.
- • Microfiber: Microfiber has an enhanced wash ability, breathability and water repellency. Is great for cleaning up messes but can also attract hair.
- • Fabric: This upholstery generally has more of a texture than other upholsteries but is not as durable. Fabric has great wash ability and breathability but is not water repellent.
Pick a category and choose your upholstery: